Career Opportunities in Mental Health
The demand in Pittsburgh continues to increase for caring mental health professionals looking to make a real difference in people’s lives.
At Suzanne & Associates, our team consists of highly qualified professionals with a passion for improving other peoples lives. If you want to commit yourself to helping others and making the world a better place we’d love to have you on our team.
We offer the following:
- Work as much or as little as you want–we’ll cater to your schedule;
- Benefits available;
- Competitive wages;
- Paid training;
- Hands-on experience (not a classroom setting);
- All cases are in Allegheny and surrounding counties–work close to home;
- Internships available;
- Professional supervision provided with psychologists, psychiatrists, PhD’s, MD’s, LPC’s & LCSW’s. We love our LPC’s!
To get started, fill out our on-line job application form, e-mail your resume or fax it to us at (412) 831-8225. You can also simply call us at (412) 831-8211. We look forward to hearing from you.
Download our Career Opportunities Brochure (PDF format).
Below is a listing of positions in metropolitan Pittsburgh, Allegheny and surrounding counties that we place our mental health professionals in. If you have any questions about the position requirements, please call us at (412) 831-8225.
|Therapeutic Staff Support
- Persons with a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, sociology, education, criminal justice, or similar human service field, with no previous work experience;
- Persons with a Bachelor’s Degree in any other field, with the equivalent of at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents;
- Licensed registered nurses, with the equivalent of at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents;
- Persons with an Associate’s Degree, or sixty credits toward a Bachelor’s Degree, with the equivalent of at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a TSS Aide;
- Persons with an Associate’s Degree, or sixty credits toward a Bachelor’s Degree, with the equivalent of at least three years of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents, other than as a TSS Aide;
- Licensed practical nurses, with the equivalent of at least three years of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents.
|Behavior Specialist Consultant
|Multiple positions are available for BSC’s at Suzanne & Associates.
- Prep assessments, recommendations & behavior health treatment plans for children & adolescents;
- Maintain contact with client, family, school, & other agencies; Develop client crisis safety plans and implement emergency procedures as needed;
- Communicate with treatment team members re effects of and/or needs for behavior plan modifications/revisions. Must have Master’s or foreign equivalent in social work, counseling, psych, special ed, mental health or closely related field;
- Requires license as mental health professional or 1 year experience in CASSP system (CYS, Juvenile Justice, Mental Health, Special Ed, Drug or Alcohol) or licensed mental health services agency;
- Regular travel in Pittsburgh, PA metro area to meet with clients at home, schools or other facilities. No overnight travel outside the Pittsburgh metro region;
- No fixed itinerary. 40 hours a week, with OT as needed. Flex work schedule to fit client schedules. Some evening/weekend hours on scheduled or emergency basis.
|All Mobile Therapists must have a Master’s degree in a mental health or related field.
|The psychiatric outpatient therapist must be a Mental Health Professional trained in a recognized discipline which could include psychology, social work, psychiatry, nursing, rehabilitation, activity therapies or related field. The therapist must possess a graduate degree and have a minimum of two years experience in providing therapy, individual or group, to individuals with a mental health diagnosis in an outpatient setting.
||Master’s level preferably with five years successful management experience in the Human Services field. A clinical background of at least three years is required.
|Bachelor or Associates in Psychology or related field. Previous experience helpful but not mandatory.
||Psychologist licensed in the State of Pennsylvania.
||Board Certified Child Psychiatrist licensed in the State of Pennsylvania, and also Board Certified Adult Psychiatrist.
||Clerical-related experience; medical billing and/or medical transcriptionist experience; advanced computer skills (testing will be required).
You can get started on a new career as a mental health professional by filling out an on-line job application form today. Thank you.